Friday, 1 January 2016

Materials for Digipak

Having done research on the digipak that I like and would like to get some inspiration on, I am now able to make informed decisions on how I would like my digipak to look.
I have researched into some materials that I think I could use, and how it relates to my artist.

Some materials that I found include:

1. Gold and Silver Vinyl

Synthetic resin or plastic consisting of polyvinyl chloride or a related polymer, used for wallpapers and other covering materials and gramophone records.
-Resistant to moisture
-Very strong and durable plastic material
-Can be manufactured in a variety of colours, both transparent and colour.
-Very low cost material to produce.
-Can be easily recycled and very environmentally friendly.

I have decided to use gold and silver Vinyl for the cover and the inside of my digipak.

2. Cardboard

Thick cardboard will be used for the base of my digipak. This is plain white but will be covered with Vinyl to give glossy finish.

3. Photo Paper

As I am also designing a poster which will be added to the digipak, as well as a promotional poster for the album, I will use photo paper when printing these out to make it more professional and aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment